LESSON: Solving Addition and Subtraction Equations
- Solve single-variable addition equations.
- Solve single-variable subtraction equations.
- Recognize and apply the addition and subtraction properties of equality and the inverse relationship of addition and subtraction.
- Model and solve real-world problems using addition and subtraction equations.
- Isolate the variable
- an explanation used to describe the action of getting the variable alone on one side of the equal sign.
- Inverse Operation
- the opposite operation
- Subtraction Property of Equality
- states that you can subtract the same quantity from both sides of an equation and have the equation still balance.
- Addition Property of Equality
- states that you can add the same quantity to both sides of an equation and have the equation still balance.