LESSON: Solving Multiplication and Division Equations
- Solve single-variable multiplication equations.
- Solve single-variable division equations.
- Recognize and apply the multiplication and division properties of equality and the inverse relationship of multiplication and division.
- Model and solve real-world problems using multiplication and division equations.
- Isolate the Variable
- this means that we want to work to get the variable alone on one side of the equals.
- Inverse Operation
- Opposite operation
- Division Property of Equality
- states that we can solve an equation by multiplying the same value to both sides of the equation.
- Multiplication Property of Equality
- states that we can solve an equation by dividing both sides of the equation by the same value.