LESSON: Mean, Median, and Mode
Mean, Median and Mode
In this lesson, you will learn how to use the following skills.
- Find the mean of a set of data.
- Find the median of a set of data.
- Find the mode of a set of data.
- Identify the range of a set of data.
- Select the best average to represent given sets of data.
- the average of a set of numbers. The mean gives us a good overall assessment of a set of data.
- the greatest score in a data set
- the smallest score in a data set
- the middle score in a data set
- the number or value that occurs most often in a data set
- the difference between the smallest value in a data set and the greatest number in a data set
- Measures of Central Tendency
- a way of selecting which value in a data set best expresses the set of data.