LESSON: Introduction to Geometry
- Identify points, rays, lines and segments using words and symbols.
- Identify intersecting and parallel lines.
- Identify angles by vertex and ray.
- Draw angles using a protractor.
- a location in space that does not have size or shape.
- a line that has one endpoint and continues indefinitely in one direction.
- a set of connected points without endpoints.
- Line Segment
- a set of connected points with two endpoints.
- Point of Intersection
- the point where two intersecting lines meet.
- Intersecting Lines
- lines that cross or meet at some point
- Parallel Lines
- Lines that do not cross or meet EVER and are equidistant apart.
- a geometric figure formed by two rays that connect at a single point or vertex.
- The points on an angle
- a tool used to measure an angle in terms of degrees.