LESSON: Classifying Angles
- Classify angles as acute, right, obtuse or straight.
- Classify angle pairs as supplementary or complementary
- Use real-world angle pair diagrams to find unknown angle measures.
- Acute angle
- an angle less than 90 degrees.
- Right angle
- an angle equal to 90 degrees.
- Obtuse angle
- an angle greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
- Straight angle
- a straight line equal to 180 degrees
- Supplementary angles
- two angles whose sum is 180 degrees.
- Complementary angles
- two angles whose sum is 90 degrees