LESSON: Classifying Triangles
- Classify triangles by angles.
- Classify triangles by sides.
- Draw specified triangles using a ruler and a protractor.
- Find unknown angle measures in given triangles.
- a three sided figure with three angles. The prefix “tri”means three.
- Acute Triangle
- all three angles are less than 90 degrees.
- Right Triangle
- One angle is equal to 90 degrees and the other two are acute angles.
- Obtuse Triangle
- One angle is greater than 90 degrees and the other two are acute angles.
- Equiangular Triangle
- all three angles are equal
- Scalene Triangle
- all three side lengths are different
- Isosceles Triangle
- two sides lengths are the same and one is different
- Equilateral Triangle
- all three side lengths are the same
- A tool used to measure angles
- Interior angles
- the angles inside a figure