LESSON: Congruent and Similar Figures
- Identify given triangles as similar, congruent or neither.
- Identify corresponding parts of congruent figures.
- Identify corresponding parts of similar figures.
- Find unknown measures of corresponding parts of similar figures.
- Use similar figures to measure indirectly.
- having the same size and shape and measurement
- having the same shape, but not the same size. Similar shapes are proportional to each other.
- matching-corresponding sides between two triangles are sides that match up
- a way of comparing two quantities
- a pair of equal ratios.
- Indirect Measurement
- using the characteristics of similar triangles to measure challenging things or distances.