LESSON: Line Symmetry
- Identify lines of symmetry in figures and objects
- Draw figures with specified symmetry
- Recognize congruence in mirror images
Here are the vocabulary works that are found in this lesson.
- Line Symmetry
- when a figure can be divided into equal halves that match.
- Bilateral Symmetry
- when a figure can only be divided into one equal half. This figure has one line of symmetry.
- Lines of Symmetry
- the lines that can be drawn to divide a figure into equal halves. Some figures have multiple lines of symmetry. Some figures have one line and some have no lines of symmetry.
- Rotational Symmetry
- When a figure rotated up to around a fixed point looks exactly the same as it did in the beginning.
- exactly the same size and shape