LESSON: Area of Triangles
- Recognize the area of a triangle as half the area of a related parallelogram.
- Find the area of triangles given base and height.
- Find unknown dimensions of triangles given area and another dimension.
- Find areas of combined figures involving triangles.
- a polygon with three sides.
- a four sided figure with opposite sides congruent and parallel.
- a parallelogram with opposite sides congruent and parallel and with four right angles.
- a parallelogram with four congruent, parallel sides and four congruent right angles.