LESSON: Area of Parallelograms
- Recognize the area of a parallelogram as the area of a related rectangle.
- Find the area of parallelograms given base and height.
- Find unknown dimensions of parallelograms given area and another dimension.
- Estimate actual areas approximated by parallelograms in scale drawings.
- Solve real world problems involving area of parallelograms.
- the space within the perimeter of a figure or place. Area often refers to the surface or covering, the middle of a figure. Area is measured in square units.
- a quadrilateral with two pairs of opposite congruent sides.
- a parallelogram with two pairs of opposite congruent sides and four 90 degree angles.