LESSON: Circumference of Circles
- Identify ratio of circumference to diameter as pi.
- Find the circumference of circles given diameter or radius.
- Find diameter or radius of circles given circumference.
- Solve real world problems involving circumference of circles.
- the measure of the distance around the outside edge of a circle.
- the measure of the distance across the center of a circle.
- the measure of the distance half-way across the circle. It is the measure from the center to the outer edge. The radius is also half the length of the diameter.
- the ratio of the diameter to the circumference, 3.14
- a Greek mathematician and philosopher who identified 3.14 as pi.