LESSON: Classifying Solid Figures
- Classify solid figures as prisms, cylinders, pyramids, cones or spheres.
- Identify faces, edges and vertices of solid figures.
- Select real-world examples of given solid figures.
- Plane Figure
- a flat two-dimensional figure.
- Solid Figure
- a three-dimensional figure with height, width and depth.
- a solid with two parallel congruent bases.
- a solid with two parallel congruent circular bases.
- a polygon for a base and triangular faces that meet at one vertex.
- a solid with a circular base and one vertex
- a three-dimensional circular solid
- any flat surface on a solid figure
- when two faces meet in a line segment. The line segment is the edge.
- when three or more faces meet at a single point.
- a solid figure with flat surfaces that are polygons.