LESSON: Surface Area and Volume of Prisms
- Identify surface area of prisms as the sum of the areas of faces using nets.
- Find surface area of rectangular and triangular prisms using formulas.
- Identify volumes of prisms as the sum of volumes of layers of unit cubes.
- Find volumes of rectangular and triangular prisms using formulas.
- Surface area
- the outer covering of a solid figure-calculated by adding up the sum of the areas of all of the faces and bases of a prism.
- diagram that shows a “flattened” version of a solid. Each face and base is shown with all of its dimensions in a net. A net can also serve as a pattern to build a three-dimensional solid.
- Triangular Prism
- a solid which has two congruent parallel triangular bases and faces that are rectangles.
- Rectangular Prism
- a solid which has rectangles for bases and faces.
- the amount of space inside a solid figure