LESSON: Surface Area and Volume of Cylinders
- Identify surface area of cylinders as the sum of the areas of faces using nets.
- Find surface area of cylinders using formulas.
- Identify volume of cylinders as the sum of volumes of layers of unit cubes.
- Find volumes of cylinders using formulas.
- the amount of space inside a three-dimensional figure.
- Surface Area
- the entire outer covering or surface of a three-dimensional figure. It is calculated by the sum of the areas of each of the faces and bases of a solid.
- a three-dimensional figure with two congruent parallel circular bases and a curved flat surface connecting the bases.
- the measure of the distance halfway across a circle.