The Fall of the House of Usher
Edgar Allan Poe
Read the "Fall of the House of Usher" by Edgar Allan Poe. As you read notice the following:
- What is the relationship between the house and the Usher family?
- What point of view is their story told from?
- Do you think that this narrator is reliable?
- How does the setting and point of view lead to the terror of this story?
- What do you think is wrong wither Roderick and his sister?
- What elements in this story give the sense that you are trapped?
Also, note that this is a hyper linked text. Poe has quite a vocabulary. Be sure to use the hyperlinks to help you decipher his language and pick up a few new vocabulary words!
Last modified: Thursday, 28 February 2013, 10:40 AM