Reading Standards for Literature
1. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
2. Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail it's development over the course of the text...
3. Analyse how complex characters develop over the course of a text , interact with other characters, and advance the plot or develop a theme.
2.b. Develop the topic with well-chosen, relevant, and sufficient facts, extended definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples appropriate to the audience's knowledge of the topic.
2.e Establish and maintain a formal style and objective tone while attending to the norms and conventions of the discipline in which they are writing
5. Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focus on addressing what is not significant for specific purpose and audience.
Speaking and Listening Standards
1. Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions with diverse partners building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
Last modified: Thursday, 14 June 2012, 4:20 PM