non-commercial use allowed.
- The universe contains all the matter and energy that exists now, that existed in the past, and that will exist in the future. The universe also includes all of space and time.
- Hubble's Law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away from us.
- The Big Bang Theory is the most widely accepted scientific explanation of how the universe formed. It proposes that the universe formed in an enormous explosion about 13.7 billion years ago.
- The first elements formed after the Big Bang were hydrogen and helium (the two lightest elements in the universe).
- The current expansion of the universe suggests that in the past the universe was squeezed into a very small volume.
- Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation is the oldest radiation/light in the universe.
Last modified: Monday, 22 August 2011, 1:29 PM