Objectives: P.S. the video has week 4 as well as week 5's video in it- so just skip ahead to where I start talking about week 5 which is at about 2:40 mins.
1. Learn to write using parallel structure and apply this skill to your own writing.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.9-10.1a Use parallel structure.
2. Learn the meanings of words by reading them in context.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.9-10.4a Use context (e.g., the overall meaning of a sentence, paragraph, or text; a word’s position or function in a sentence) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
2. Learn the difference between implicit and explicit.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.9-10.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grades 9–10 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
3. Learn about how the historical context of Romanticism plays into our novel.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9-10.6 Analyze a particular point of view or cultural experience reflected in a work of literature from outside the United States, drawing on a wide reading of world literature.
4. Learn to appreciate and understand the language and style of Mary Shelly's writing.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.9-10.3 Apply knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.