- To begin with, have your .svg Inkscape file open and ready to start slicing.
- Make a new layer by going to layer > add layer. Name it "slices" or whatever you would like.
- Draw a colored rectangle with a low opacity around your header. Use the rectangle tool and opacity options to do this. I set my opacity at 50%.
- Now, draw rectangles around your navigation buttons. We are doing this individually, so we can later code our document to make it so when you click on that image, it will take you to a particular page in your web site.
- Draw a rectangle for the pictures section.
- Draw a rectangle for the footer section
- And finally, draw a rectangle for the side section.