Standards - Week 11
Week 11 - Standards
Standard 1 - Students will assemble and create works of art, manipulate art media, and organize images with the elements and principles of art.
Objective 1 - Refine techniques and processes in a variety of media.
- Experience and control a variety of media, including current arts-related technologies.
- Select and analyze the expressive potential of art media, techniques, and processes.
- Practice safe and responsible use of art media, equipment, and studio space.
Objective 2 - Create works of art using art elements and principles.
- Create expressive works of art using art elements, including form, texture, value, and depth.
- Create expressive works of art using principles to organize the art elements, including unity and emphasis.
Standard 3 - Students will create meaning in art.
Objective 1 Create content in works of art.
- Identify subject matter, metaphor, themes, symbols, and content in works of art.
- Create works of art that effectively communicate subject matter, metaphor, themes, symbols, or individually conceived content.
- Create divergent, novel, or individually inspired applications of art media or art elements and principles that express content.
Objective 2 - Curate works of art ordered by medium and content.
- Organize a portfolio that expresses a purpose such as mastery of a medium, objectives of this Core, or significant content.
- Exhibit works of art selected by themes such as mastery of a medium, Core objectives, and significant content.
Standard 4 - Students will find meaning in works of art through settings and other modes of learning.
Objective 1 - Align works of art according to history, geography, and personal experience.
- Use visual characteristics to group artworks into historical, social, and cultural contexts; e.g., cubist view of the Egyptians, tenebrism of the Baroque.
- Analyze the impact of time, place, and culture on works of art.
- Evaluate own relationship with artworks from various periods in history.