Standards - Week 19
Week 19 - Standards
Standard 1 Students will assemble and create works of art, manipulate art media, and organize images with the elements and principles of art.
Objective 1 Refine techniques and processes in a variety of media.
- Experience and control a variety of media, including current arts-related technologies.
- Select and analyze the expressive potential of art media, techniques, and processes.
- Practice safe and responsible use of art media, equipment, and studio space.
Objective 2 Create works of art using art elements and principles.
- Create expressive works of art using art elements, including form, texture, value, and depth.
- Create expressive works of art using principles to organize the art elements, including unity and emphasis.
Standard 2 Students will find meaning by analyzing, criticizing, and evaluating works of art.
Objective 1 Critique works of art. Analyze artworks regarding use of art elements and principles.
- Examine the functions of art. Interpret works of art.
Objective 2 Evaluate works of art.
- Analyze and compare works of art using a variety of aesthetic approaches.
- Evaluate works of art based on forming techniques, effective use of art elements and principles, fulfillment of functions, impact of content, expressive qualities, and aesthetic significance.
Standard 3 Students will create meaning in art.
Objective 1 Create content in works of art. Identify subject matter, metaphor, themes, symbols, and content in works of art.
- Create works of art that effectively communicate subject matter, metaphor, themes, symbols, or individually conceived content.
- Create divergent, novel, or individually inspired applications of art media or art elements and principles that express content.
Objective 2 Curate works of art ordered by medium and content.
- Organize a portfolio that expresses a purpose such as mastery of a medium, objectives of this Core, or significant content.
- Exhibit works of art selected by themes such as mastery of a medium, Core objectives, and significant content.
Standard 4 Students will find meaning in works of art through settings and other modes of learning.
Objective 1 Align works of art according to history, geography, and personal experience.
- Use visual characteristics to group artworks into historical, social, and cultural contexts; e.g., cubist view of the Egyptians, tenebrism of the Baroque.
- Analyze the impact of time, place, and culture on works of art. Evaluate own relationship with artworks from various periods in history.
Objective 3 Evaluate the impact of art on life outside of school.
- Examine careers related to visual arts.
- Predict how the visual arts can add quality to life and lifelong learning.