Week 7 Standards and Objectives
Standard 2: Students will understand sources of income and the relationship between income and career preparation.
Objective 1: Identify various forms of income and analyze factors that affect income.
- (a) Identify sources of income (e.g., wages, investments, self-employment).
- (b) Compare common employee benefits (e.g. insurance, leave, retirement).
- (c) Compare income to the cost-of-living in various geographical areas.
- (d) Analyze how economic conditions affect income.
Objective 3: Analyze criteria for selecting a career and the impact of career choices on income and financial stability.
- (a) Describe the correlation between income and a worker's skills, education, the value of the work to society, condition of the economy and the supply and demand for workers.
- (b) Develop career plan(s) that include educational requirements, skill development, and income potential.
- (c) Analyze the costs and benefits of developing new skills for the workplace.
- (d) Identify the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship/self-employment.
Last modified: Thursday, 14 June 2012, 4:20 PM